learning photography

a rainy day looking through the mobile

My on-line class on how to take better photos is just about over and I am anxious to apply some of the things I've learned to the new Nikon Coolpix camera I got just this past week.  Already I can see that all the features that my 10 year old point and shoot didn't have are going to be really fun to play with and produce better photos.  The instructor is a professional photographer who mostly films children and families, so she had some really cool ideas on how to take portraits and looking for interesting backdrops.  So I'll be looking at things and places a little differently now.  These are two of my favorites taken for "class work"!  A self portrait and a close up.  I especially like the look of pictures where the focal image is in focus and the background is blurry.
self portrait

Comments

Maria Ontiveros said…
Your photos tuRned out great. What class are you taking.?
Rinda
Chrissie said…
Good for you Nancy! Looking forward to seeing more of your photographic art (and paper art!)