Squirrely Challenge - Faux Artisan

This is a new Technique Junkie technique called Faux Artisan.  Each week I'm challenging more people to these fun techniques. This one involves some patience, as there is positioning and multiple passes with embossing powders.  It may be hard to see, but it looks more like a tile in real life.

I used some Club Scrap DIY paper for the oval piece, I wanted some pattern in the background and not just plain cardstock.  The stamp is Club Scrap's Study in Red.  The rust colored paper is embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder and then I ran a black ink pad over it and then a bit of gold ink too.

 You can check out the other "Squirrels" blogs too - sometimes we don't all post on the same days, but you'll see great stuff when you go to their blogs so hop on over!
Jennifer
Connie
Chrissie
Julie
Diana


Supplies:
Stamp: Club Scrap, Study in Red
Papers: assorted Club Scrap
Embossing Folder: Sizzix Tropical Paisley
misc: trim & black pearls

Comments

Jen said…
This is STUNNING!
Capescrapper said…
My gosh Nancy, the background paper (I am so casing this!!!) is fabulous and the tile is killer!!!
Chrissie said…
Great technique. I love how the BG looks like leather with the tile on top. 2 cool. Thanks for hosting Nancy!
Connie Lutz said…
Looks great! I ran out of time this week....