Watercolor Play

In a couple weeks the newest Online Card Class - Watercolor for Card Makers - starts up, but the talented gals over there have given us a few videos and ideas and asked us to get out supplies and play before class!  I have an assortment of things I can watercolor with: watercolors in tubes, watercolors in little cakes, Twinkling H2Os, watercolor crayons and pencils and Gelatos.  The card above was done with Gelatos and an old technique.  I have a few more cards made with other types of watercolors that I will post later this week.

Here's a video that Jennifer McGuire turned me on to, very talented gal from the Ukraine!  She'll show you how to do it easier than I can write it.  If you've been stamping awhile you'll know how to  emboss your background with Versamark or clear embossing ink, heat emboss with clear powder then after you color the background and let it dry well you iron off the embossing!  

I then stamped the birthday hat by coloring directly on my stamp with Gelatos and spritzing with water.  Really a fun technique, and I can say I ironed today ;-)

Stamps:
dot background - Hero Arts
Birthday Wishes - PaperTrey Ink
birthday hat - Stampin' Up

Comments

Farley said…
Oh this is terrific! Gorgeous colors and so fun that you used several different mediums all in one.
Jennifer said…
I'm certainly glad to hear you ironed today!
jasann said…
Fab technique, thanks for sharing!!!
Jess said…
Stunning card! Love the bright fun colors!
Jennifer said…
I do love this rainbow card. Looking forward to seeing what you produce in class. You did so well on your pre-class homework!!!