Esmarelda and Halloween

My friend Jennifer was down last week for a couple days to hang out in my garage, we called it Garage Camp.  We practiced some new things and tried some older techniques too.  Watercolor was a main focus.

This great stamp from Unity Stamp Company I stamped with Archival ink on the Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor paper and then used Distress Markers to color her.  I love this paper when using the Distress Markers, but for watercolor pencils it doesn't seem to work as well for me.  So I'll stick with my Strathmore paper for pencils. 

The sequins are done using Jennifer's sequins die, and I'm not exactly sure where she got that. I used some shimmer paper which is a cool green color that doesn't show so well in the photo.

I'm putting this on the Unity blog for Friends with Flair.  I also used a sketch from the blog - but it was last months challenge! That's me, always a day late and a dollar short!

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

very cool - my basement is my area to play - love your card thanks for sharing

Barb HOusner
Unknown said…
LOVE IT! ;) I used the same stamp this week...& just made the cut-off for the Monthly Challenge with it...I have to get more 'on top' of getting these things done ahead of time! TFS!
Tracy said…
I am in love with her, I may have to splurge and buy her! xoxox
Dawnll said…
Fabulous colors and coloring on this wonderful design.
JPScraps said…
Great work on the card. Love it!
Kris B said…
Fabulous card! I LOVE that sentiment!! Beautiful coloring and that green paper looks great!
Janis said…
The green patterned paper is a great contrast!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com
Farley said…
Well isn't your Ezzie adorable! Your patterned paper arch is a great idea. Great coloring too with Distress Markers...great shading.
You showcased her beautifully on the pattern paper.
Jennifer said…
I love this card. Sorry you were a month behind on the sketch. But does it really matter. That card is fabulous and I love your coloring.
Jennifer said…
I love this card. Sorry you were a month behind on the sketch. But does it really matter. That card is fabulous and I love your coloring.
Sue D said…
Great coloring and paper.
Miwa said…
What an awesome Halloween card!
Crystal said…
Great design and colors! I love the sequins!