Unity Stamps - hummingbird


Hello!  I'm back... I've been away for a bit as my daughter had a baby at the end of June!  My first grandchild, a beautiful baby girl Katelyn Grace!  Much excitement for the family and I was down at her house helping her out for a couple weeks after her c-section.

I recently signed up for Unity's Stamp of the Week and the first stamp set I got was this great hummingbird and saying.  The first card I water-colored with some UsARTQuest Pearl Ex-Press watercolors. They are interference colors and I thought they would be perfect for a hummingbird, I think the iridescence shows up better in real life!




The second card I used my INKtense watercolor pencils and then added a bit of clear Wink of Stella pen to give parts of it some shimmer.


It's good to be back creating, but I miss my little sweetheart!

*Linking up to Unity's Friends with Flair for Fridays!

Comments

Dawn Fields said…
Lovely cards! Congratulations on the newest addition to your family!
Ruby said…
Lovely cards. Congratulations on the arrival of your first Grand child. I have one precious GD too. This is such a special time in life. Enjoy her.
Tenia Nelson said…
Wonderful cards and congrats on your beautiful grandchild!! YAY!!
Kellie 0:) said…
Congratulations on Katelyn Grace!! Wonderful cards too :)
Becoming a grandparent is one of the best joys I have had...Enjoy every moment, because I blinked and he is 2. In my head, I am still watching the birth. Love the sweet hummingbird. I am sure you will enjoy your SOW's. Unity is the best.
Gaylynn said…
Great cards with the cute birdie. Congrats on the new family addition. So sweet.
Adorable little hummingbird! So sweet!
Becca Yahrling said…
Congrats on your first GD. I hope you get to see her often. Your cards are lovely; great coloring. Love that hummingbird!
Maria Ontiveros said…
Awww. What a sweetie.
Rinda
D.Ann C said…
Lovely! (and your card is, too!... congrats!)