Online Card Classes - Day One

I'm taking a new class over at Online Card Classes - Clear and Sheer.  It's all about vellum and acetate.  The first days lessons are about attaching vellum to you card in different ways.  While watching the videos I thought it would be cool to drag out the sewing machine and see if I could make it work.

This machine is about 34 years old, my Mother-in-Law got it for me.  She was an expert seamstress in her day, she even made my wedding dress.    Me?  I can hardly sew a straight line and my Mom had to put the zipper in for me on the dress we had to make in Home Ec in junior high.  But it was used for easy craft projects and super easy costumes for my kids.

But - it's working great for sewing on cards!  After looking up the bobbin and threading instructions on-line I am ready to go!  I did great  okay.

Stamps are Best Mom Ever set from Simon Says Stamp.

Comments

TK said…
Beautiful card, and LOVE the delicate vellum tag!
Unknown said…
Hum, online card classes... Made me think Canasta for a moment. ;)
Jennifer said…
You are a hoot, Phil.
Love this card. So pretty and feminine. You are an ACE card maker. Staying with the canasta theme.