Grungy Monday's - week 1

I was too late to get the first week posted officially, but I did want to get started on the new challenge over at Linda's  Studio L3 blog.  The first challenge was following one of Tim's tag directions which you can find on his blog here.

I used a shipping tag and the barbed wire mask to start off with.  Using a variety of homemade and purchase glimmery mists.  Then I added some Aged Mahogany Distress ink to the piece.  A piece of background paper that looks like tooled leather is the next part.  I did the grungeboard concho using the technique he describes with embossing and perfect pearls for paint.  The concho and Happy Trails stamps are from the Wild, Wild West kit from Club Stamp. The cowgirl was off a sheet of images I purchased at a stamp convention years ago.   Finished up with a bit of railroad paper that I cut from an old sheet of wrapping paper and a bright silver brad that I aged up using some black acrylic paint. 

Comments

Maria Ontiveros said…
I love your tag - the barbed wire is one of my favorite masks, an I've always loved WWW, as I have a serious inner Cowgirl.
Rinda
Jen said…
Just love this one, Nancy. So glad you ate joining in on Grungy Monday!
Jen said…
That looks like a DD error. Probably just my fingers, though. I meant to say, so glad you ARE joining in...
Love this cowgirl. I guess I have an inner cowgirl, too. I used to pretend my bike was my horse. Heck, I still do.