Make it Monday #119

Enabled Encouraged by my friends Jen and Farley to check out all they have to offer over at PaperTreyInk, I'm slowly collecting a few sets of their gorgeous stamps.  They also have a challenge each Monday, so I thought it was high time to dive in.  I also needed a birthday card for my son so I thought these papers from Authentique worked well for a masculine card.  I used the Birthday Greeting from the Ruby Rose set and stamped it in black with white pigment ink to make a chalkboard effect.  Then I cut it out with a Nestibilities die and added white pencil around the edges.

I cut my banners from the Authentique Collection called Celebrate using my two CTMH Cricut cartridges, they both have several banners to pick from and it made quick work of cutting them out.  I have enough to make more cards, or layouts or something!  In the drawer beneath my Cricut I have a box of die cuts waiting for inspiration.  You can't tell but the base cardstock is a cool white woodgrain textured paper I picked up here.  The black ink spots are SmoochSpritz in black velvet, I just dropped some on instead of spraying, a handy trick from the video which I plan to use on all the Glimmer Mists that are clogged.

Comments

Farley said…
L.O.V.E.!

Chris will love it too. Why didn't I think of using my CTMH carts too? Awesome card Nancy.
Jen said…
Gorgeous. Love the flags. That stamp is great. Love the color selection. Great card!
Nancy Penir said…
From one Nancy to another, just perfect. Love that top trim, and the cool flags cut from gorgeous papers. Can't wait to visit again to see your next post!
Maryjo McGraw said…
So DANG DARN cute ....I love it and the colors too!
Anonymous said…
Great card Nancy! Love the colors you used! The red and turquoise just POP!!