Club Scrap Die Cutter's Blog Hop


Welcome to the Club Scrap Die Cutter's Blog Hop, hopefully you've arrived here from Rachelle's blog - but if not you can certainly start here and keep hopping along! 

 I started with the flower pot project from Club Scrap's Blossom Kit.  It has accordion like pages connecting the wooden pot shapes, which lends itself to lots of real estate for decorating.  Not to mention the paper colors are simply gorgeous!  When you get a project from Club Scrap it includes just about everything you will need to complete it, in addition to terrific written directions and lots of time there are videos to walk you through many of the projects.  The Cinema at Club Scrap is a great resource! 

I started the project painting my wood shapes with brown acrylic paint and when that was dry I dry brushed white over that. Then the front and back "covers" were stamped with the stamps from the kit.  Then following the directions I assembled the accordion papers inside that connect all the wood pots. Then it was time to embellish!

 I used the Cricut Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge to cut out all the flowers for this project.  In addition there are a couple butterflies using the Give A Hoot cartridge. Then they were sprayed with Deep Plum and Spring Rain glimmer mists!  Other shapes on some of the pages are made with the Stampin' Up butterfly embosslet die, QuickKutz dies and Spellbinders dies in addition to the occasional punch or hand cutting.


I'm going to give this project to my Mom and Dad.  The photo off the house on the flower "pick" is the first house they bought when the Bay Area was really booming - orchards were becoming housing tracts, young families were moving in and life was full of potential.  Now we're known as Silicon Valley, but back then there was still a lot of open space and freedom a kid! 
 

I still need to gather some photos as my parents will have a "page" as will each one of us three girls.  For now I have mine and Barb's done.  It was a fun project to put together!



I want to thank Erin for organizing this whole blog hop!  Next you'll want to head over to Wendy's blog and if you get lost anywhere along the way you can find the links below!  Thanks for visiting!











Comments

Hetty said…
OMG what an interesting project, so many beautiful details to look at. You have been real busy making this. love your colors!!
Wendy Bellino said…
Great project, your parents will love it! I like your idea of the tabs on the accordion folds.
BethA said…
Thanks for sharing....I will have to give it a try! Your parents will love it!
BethA
Rachelle said…
Fabulous creation Nancy! A treasure for sure.
Capescrapper said…
Nancy, your folks will absolutely love this walk down memory lane! I have this project still unfinished and just loved the Blossom kit!! You have inspired me to get it out and work on it! WELL DONE!!!

PS. love the dry brush technique on the pots!
Chrissie said…
As always Miss Nancy you take every project you do and make it amazing. All the detail and time in this will be much appreciated by your parents i'm sure. I love the marriage of functional and pretty in this piece. You continue to be an inspiration to me, mother squirrel!
Jen said…
Oh, Nancy, as we said, you made it your own. You should be proud to give this to your Mom. It's such a keepsake vi love the flowers, the detail on the pot, the dry brush technique...it is certainly far above "kindergarten" level.
Elizabeth said…
What a treasure, you have really taken the CS project and made it yours. I love everything that you have done to it. Your mother especially will love it.
Gabagal said…
Nancy not only is this jaw dropping fabulous but your parents are going to be wowed by it. I love all the various techniques you used and the dry brushing of white paint really sets it off.
Farley
Connie Lutz said…
Perfect gift for your folks. The dtails are amazing!
Erin Nagy said…
Nancy, this is beautiful! I am impressed at the variety of die cuttings you used :) Ive been so hooked on my Cricut, I rarely pull out the old sizzix and dies. Your work is beautiful :)
Cyndy Rogers said…
I love seeing this project! It's the perfect base for the flowers and the colors show off the black & white photos to perfection! You rocked it, Nancy -- as usual!
Unknown said…
What a fun project - and your parents will love it :)
Gaby said…
That is such a beautiful project, love the colors and all the detail. Lovely.
Janice said…
Wow! I have never seen anything like this!

Fabulous!

Janice
www.cricutconfessions.com
Mandy said…
Wow this is fabulous Nancy, really gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and please link up to the challenge blog to qualify for the prize if your number comes up :)
hugs Mandy xx