Squirrely Challenge - Pop Up Card

This week we went with some paper engineering for our challenge.  The Free Standing Pop-Up card. I made one at my Stampin' Up club last week and thought they were the perfect card for a bit of WOW to the recipient that receives it, plus lots of room for embellishment. You can find a great tutorial for making one yourself here at SplitCoastStampers.


I used some Stampin' Up cardstock for my base and then went with some patterned paper from the DCWV "Crafty Stack".  I thought the flowered paper would be fun for the tea pot and cups.  These are stamps and dies from PaperTreyInk.  I just love them - a great couple of sets, coordinating stamps, sentiments and dies.  I borrowed these from my friend Tracy, and will surely be making lots more cards with them before I return them to her!  The little flowers are from the Stampin' Up Boho Blossoms punch, which I scrunched up to distress at bit.

Be sure to visit the other Squirrel Girls blogs to check out the Pop-Ups they've made.  You can find the link to their blogs on the right side of my blog under "Squirrel Girls". 

Enjoy the Memorial Day weekend - a tribute to all the brave men and women who have served our country.

Comments

Jen said…
This is gorgeous. You have gone above and beyond the call of duty. The combination of the dies and the stamping is amazing! Great job, Squirrely Mom!
Capescrapper said…
This is so pretty! Love the colors!
Chrissie said…
That looks so much like stitching i was convinced you must have ran it through a sewing machine. The papers are perfect for a lovely spot of tea. Pinky's up, Oh, and thumbs up too for this beautiful creation!
Connie Lutz said…
This is so cute! I caved and ordered these...