Faux Letterpress



Some call this faux letterpress,  or it's also a Technique Junkie's technique called Cuttlebug Smoosh.  Basically you ink up the inside of your embossing folder then place the cardstock inside and run through your machine.   I found some purple card bases while cleaning up recently and thought it would be fun to try a different colored wintery card.  The big snowflake is a chipboard piece that I sprayed with some Glimmer Mist and my homemade Pearl spray. 

It's a very purple card!  Now, it could go to Jennifer, Chrissie or my sister Barb, all who love the color purple!


supplies:
Memories Light Lavendar shadow ink
Cuttlebug & CB embossing folder snowflakes, snowflake die
Glimmer Mists
homemade pearl spray:  Perfect Pearls Pearl color + water in mini mister bottle.
Let it Snow stamp - Gelatins
other: chipboard snowflake, big brad, purple & black cardstock ---> stash!

Comments

Anonymous said…
hahaha i say send it to Lucy :)

Mariana
nancy y said…
she is my December OCAM person!
Jen said…
Oh, that would be just cruel. Poor Lucy.
Jen said…
Very pretty and simple card, by the way. I love that letterpress technique.
Chrissie said…
I thought of Lucy immediately!! However, I would be thrilled to receive it!