Squirrely Challenge - Colorful Silhouttes


 I've challenged the Squirrel Girls to try this fun technique from the Technique Junkie Newsletter, August 2011.

The original directions call for using dye inks, which I have used on the top card (Distress Ink) but I thought I would mix it up a bit and try other coloring methods. 

I started the fish background with some Distress Stains on my craft sheet, spritzed a little water then "smooshed" the cardstock around in it.  I thought the colors would look great with the fish image.

Check out the other Squirrel Girls via the links in the right column or the Mister Linky below!


supplies:
Paper: Club Scrap
Inks: Distress Ink, Distress Stain
Stamps: stampin' up, A Stamp in the Hand

Comments

Farley said…
Oh wow, I love these! The fish with those circles is fabulous. And love the daisies with that background. Can't wait to get started.
Farley
Rachelle said…
Beautiful, Nancy! I'm looking forward to playing with this technique in the next couple of days.
Maria Ontiveros said…
Love that fish image!
Rinda
Jen said…
I'll start digging through my stamps to find the right one.
Jen said…
And, by the way, I really like both of these samples.
Connie Lutz said…
Love the colors of the first card, but both are great! My Squirrely Challenge is live now!
Chrissie said…
Great examples of this technique. I managed to eek out a little craftin time tonight so i could participate!