Checkerboard art

This is a wee bit of art I did last week over at a friend's house. It's a pre-primed canvas that is painted in a checkerboard pattern with varying hues of the same color. Then you add funky and fun collage type pieces to different squares. The idea being to stay within the same color group and really explore it. The tiny squares on my piece are each about 1" x 1" - so the collage on each one is sort of like doing "inchies" a new fab thing going on in the stamping world. I'd like to get some actual square canvases and try some larger boxes to create in. It is finished off by matting onto cardstock and then a black frame.

Click on the photo to see it bigger... and better! Some of the glue still looks white in the photo because I just couldn't wait for it to dry before taking a picture.

Comments

Connie Lutz said…
I went back and read all your posts. You're doing a very nice job - and you are an artist!