Ornaments and little gifts

I made these small projects at the Scrapbook Island open house last weekend. They had several different projects you could make and so these were the three I chose. I had seen the bird ornament prior to the event so that's what got me to go! I also enticed a few friends to show up there and it was a fun afternoon - except that we did not partake of the cookies since some kids were there and touching all of them - hello Mom? I guess they were free to run wild while Mom did her projects!

The old fashioned girl is cut from some Graphic 45 paper and she is glued on another piece of Ten Seconds Studio metal that I embossed with the polka dot texture plate. Then there are flowers and ribbon and snowflakes added. I did a light spray of gold Glimmer mist over the top of the whole thing and then some touches of big sparkly glitter. You could probably use the new Rock Candy Distress Stickles for that part too.





The birds wing is covered with some metal and we used the Ten Seconds Studio metal and embossing plates to get the design on them and then sanded the high points to remove the color. The bird was first cut out with chipboard. The back is covered with plain cardstock and the front with patterned paper that I over-stamped with white ink. You can really embellish these up - I need to add more to this one, but it's pretty cute the way it is.



The third project was a little 7 Gypsies tag book - this one didn't turn out as nice as I had hoped, the instructor seemed more interested in herself that helping us. The patterned paper was pre-cut for us and it kind of annoyed me that it didn't quite fit the pages. Then the papers and added embellishments she had on hand didn't go together too well, but I made it work. It has pockets on the inside, and a gift card fits in them perfectly so I'll make this as a cute holder for that.




Comments

Maria Ontiveros said…
Thanks for posting them and all the details here, where I could really examine them. Love the first two!
Rinda
Gerrie Johnnic said…
These are really great Nanc...I love the idea ofo piecing the metal in here and there, shall def use that! lol The layers on the snowflake are just perfect, and I am luvin' the bird just the way it is. Merry Christmas GF, warm hugz
carla said…
Really like the victorian date one...and that snowman card on the blog above this is darling. I maybe should buy a few of the snowman ones for after Christmas thank you notes. I'll be in touch.