Postal People


I just finished these up for an ATC swap. The background was fun to do - another way to use your Copic markers besides coloring with them. It's the Spritzed Stone technique from the Technique Junkie newsletter. Our theme was to make some kind of person with postage stamps, real or made. I used one of my favorite Leavenworth Jackson stamps, this guy is pretty cool I think! The background was stamped with a large Just For Fun background stamp that has a postal theme. Then it was just adding some tape, postage stamps and eyelets for embellishment. You can click on the image to see it in more detail.
I've been busy making scrapbook pages and cards for Club Scrap's yearly PSL. I also have been feverishly working on some altered book pages and keeping up with my running! I ran my first 5K this past Saturday and my time was 35:37... now I need to work on improving that and working up to a 10K!

Comments

Maria Ontiveros said…
Nancy,
you've been so busy! I love these ATC's! Well, I tend to love anything with a postal theme, but these are really clever. It is hard to balance the layouts with other art, isn't it?
Rinda
nancy y said…
you are so right Rinda, so many things you want to do and so little time!
Connie Lutz said…
Way cool!Is the postal man in the background from Leavenworth Jackson or part of the collage stamp from Just For Fun?
nancy y said…
that's part of the JFF background stamp!