Hip to be Square - a tutorial


I learned a cool way to make your rectangular dies square!

Last week we made these cool Square Scallop boxes at Elaine's during our monthly meeting. You can see the inspiration for this and she even has a video tutorial on her blog - check it out!

So, since I don't have a Top Note Die I thought I'd give it a try with the Tim Holtz Alterations Ornamental Big Die. It works the same! I have the Cuttlebug machine, and yes the TH dies work just fine in it! You'll need your CB and two B plates. I'll give you a little tutorial here. Below are the supplies you will need: Cuttlebug, cardstock, die and two B Plates.


Place cardstock down on a B Plate , place die face down on top of that and cover with the second B plate. Run through your CB and this is what you'll have:



Remove die shape - turn sideways on die and line it up in the middle. Run through again.

On the left are the shapes you are left with - I'm sure that we can find a use for those fun parentheses shapes. On the right is the original shape.







Comments

Unknown said…
Thanks for this interesting tutorial. I don't have any dies like that - at least, not yet :)
Cheryl said…
Very much fun!
Sonja said…
How clever! Will have to give that a try now that I finally have a Top Note die. Thanks!