House Party Blog Hop


Welcome to the House Party! You should have arrived here from Ruth's blog - but if not you can always start here or go back to the beginning!


Several weeks ago Rinda sent the participants a bag full of goodies, the building blocks for our houses. I was at first drawn to the clip art of a man standing next to a pole with graffiti. The colors in my packet were gold, reds and black. I decided that I really wanted to use the man in some way. I pulled out the window picture from my stash and went from there. I used the black paper Rinda included and cut strips out with a scallop scissor to mimic a shingle roof. The gold paper was to become the siding of the house. Since the original photo of the man included graffiti - there is some still on him - I added some stenciled graffiti of my own in red and continued that color with the cigar band - which has a fun name*! The man in the photo looked so serious so I added that (the red circle was the top of the sign in the original photos) and then it just seemed lop-sided without a chimney so I added the domino.

The clip art window is a style I really like... and if you noticed in the photo of my actual house I have double-hung windows also.


Your next stop on the Hop is over to Lizzie's blog


If you get lost, or a link is broken you can always start at the beginning...Rinda's blog

Gallo Organico


*I think I'll name him Robert , brother of Kevin ♥

Comments

Amy said…
Nancy I love your attention to detail - this is a fantastic house!
Maria Ontiveros said…
nancy,
My jaw is dropping at how you did the siding and roof texture!!! Just amazing! I love your house and it is so cool go see how different they all are!
Thanks for partying with me.
Sssschhwinggg!
Rinda
Kirsti said…
Wow - love your wee hoosie also - the domino chimney is a great idea...xox
Cherry said…
Those windows are great to view all the houses from! Love your use of the red on the subdued colurs. Have fun. Hugs Cherry XXX
Lulu said…
Fab house with some very pretty details! Off wandering around the rest of my 1st blog hop but thanks foe opening your home!
Ruth said…
Such attention to detail! Love your house.
Margi said…
OMG, everyone is so klever on their houses and I like the name Robert for your dude! LOL
Denise said…
Gorgeous house, love the window idea- I am really enjoying visiting everyone's wee houses xx
scrappyjacky said…
Great house....especially the windows.
Cheryl said…
Nancy I love the creativity you used in completing this! The domino is the perfect finishing touch.
Julie Shoemaker said…
Great house Nancy...love those windows!
debs14 said…
This is so original - love the way the clip art inspired the whole theme. The colours are great - love this house!
Anonymous said…
I agree with you---the windows are wonderful. And so is the chimney and the roof. This is so much fun to see the different details on people's houses.
Sian said…
Nancy, this is one seriously cool house! I just love it. And I'm travelling along here amazed at all the different combinations Rinda has managed to come up with. This is a great party!
Becky said…
Really great house! I can't believe how different everyones houses are. Brilliant party and great way to be spending a rainy Sunday!
emhowl said…
How lovely and reminiscent of childhood reading in England. I've never known what a shingled roof is but I love seeing yours. And getting to do graffiti without being told off - what fun!
Kimberlee said…
too cool! I love the window. I really wanted to do a window... that is just fabulous. I like the whole feel of the clipart too.
humel said…
Fabulous house! Love all the detail :-) The window is gorgeous xx
DaniH said…
He does look very serious, doesn't he?! Love what you have created!
Lizzie said…
It's so interesting to read how you got from the start, to the finished house, with the photos for inspiration.
I love the colour scheme you chose, the "shingle" roof, the domino chimney and the "serious" man!
Great fun and a great house!
What a great house! I love the colors and the man. :o) Love, love, love the domino chimney!
♥ Liz ♥ said…
You've done a brilliant job and I love the extra graffiti. i'm sure I wouldn't have known what to do with those colours. Fab :0)
Love the house and the man is SO SERIOUS! The windows look 3D! I was in the house hop but didn't get in on the post. Rinda posted my link and I got comments! My first endeavor on a hop and my first comments as I'm new to all this blog hop stuff. I wish I could blog every day, but don't. Working on that. Love the look of your page. Cindy @ snoutkiss.com