Ivory - Creativity Boot Camp

Creativity Boot Camp started on Sunday - and I was so busy I totally forgot to go look.  So, I'm a day behind, but it's only for myself so no worries!  I decided to work on some big tags and then will bind them all together in some kind of book at the end.  I am going to focus on collage and some stamping. 

A few years ago I belonged to a very fun Yahoo group that swapped ATCs and altered art pieces.  The owner of the group was very creative and came up with great ideas for the swaps and almost all of the pieces we received were top notch.  She had some major life changes and the group fell by the wayside, I got into doing some scrapbooking and other stuff and recently decided that I missed going through my boxes of images and ephemera and putting together little bits of art.  So that's what I'll be working on to grow my creativity during this project. 

The first prompt was the word  IVORY.  I pulled out several things to start, but settled on the photo from a magazine (it happens to be Elaine Mellencamp, John's wife!) as her beautiful ivory skin grabbed my attention.  I started by painting the tag white and adding several pieces of paper and tissue with ivory tones and then adding other images that went along with the beauty theme.  Finally a soft flower with an old button for it's center. 

Are you doing anything different this summer to jump start your creativity?

Comments

Maria Ontiveros said…
Isn't it fun to get back into the boxes of ephemera?
rinda
Cherry said…
Love the textures Nancy. Looking forward to seeing your pieces from this project. Hugs Cherry XXX
Connie Lutz said…
The collage turned out great! Can't wait to see the other tags and completed book!