Arts & Crafts

August's kit from Club Scrap is called Arts 'n Crafts.  Before the Senior kit comes out on the first of each month there is alot of speculation about what the kit will be, the month before we get a little hint and so ideas are flying.  I kind of had the colors and designs in mind that the actual kit turned out to be - a first for me!  I get the Stamp kit, so mine doesn't arrive until after the 20th of the month.  Here's one of the first cards I've made using the wood mounted stamp and papers from my POPs package.  POP's is a pound of paper - kit papers in small cut off sizes.  Perfect for making ATCs, mattes etc.  I like to make some cards with the POPs before I actually cut my first piece of gorgeous paper.

This is a pretty simple card.  The image is stamped on glossy cardstock and colored with sponge daubers and dye inks.  Specifically I used Ranger's Adirondack inks in Butterscotch, Red Pepper and Pesto.  Then I punched it out with a circle punch.  Added some mats that I paper pierced.  The card has an embossed edge, the Cuttlebug folder seemed to go well with the A&C images.  The leaf image is stamped in Pesto ink on the green card base to add an extra dimension and design.  Then some gorgeous ribbon for a bow and it's done!

Comments

Maria Ontiveros said…
Very nice! I do love the stamps and designs from that kit.
Rinda