Copic Markers direct to Rubber!

I'm still working on coloring in images with Copic Markers.  I've really not mastered that in the least, but this new way of using the markers directly on your stamps is working out great for me!  You color right on the rubber with the Copic markers and then spritz with some 91% alcohol and stamp.  I think the vivid colors you get are just the greatest, and you can really blend your colors on the rubber before stamping.  I know some people are hesitant about using alcohol on their stamps, but I clean them off right away an am not too concerned about it. 

These cards show two versions - this one is the first impression after spritzing with the alcohol.  The second impression came out much less defined, so I over-stamped the same stamp with black Memento ink to show the leaves off better.
Papers and Stamps are from Club Scrap except for the  "with love" which is an old PSX stamp.

Comments

Maria Ontiveros said…
These are totally awesome! Can you do the same thing with alcohol ink? Is it bad to be spritzing alcohol?
Rinda
KnitterPam said…
Those cards are really beautiful! But then again, I LOVE that stamp from Club Scrap. I don't think I've seen a bad card with that stamp. Thanks for sharing!
nancy y said…
I don't know if it's bad - some people say they would not do it and perhaps it could have a drying effect on the rubber but I clean them really well afterwards so I'm not too concerned. I think you could do the same with alcohol inks - perhaps make yourself a custom ink pad on some felt and stamp the stamp into that then spritz.

p.s. Rinda, if you want to see the list of items for the scavenger hunt click on the blog from the list on the right and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and the list is there. We're thinking of a quick month-long one for over the Christmas holidays!