Altered Tag

I made lots of bird die cuts this weekend!  The base paper for the birds was made using a combination of Adirondack sprays, Shimmer Sprays and homemade sprays and a stencil.  Then I went to work die cutting a multitude of the little birds with a Tim Holtz die.  Most of them are destined for another project, 50+ swap pages to take to the Club Scrap Retreat in October.  One escaped and found a crown! It will be "flying" off to a friend far away with whom I've not shared art with in a long while, very overdue!

 The base tag is made using the Rusted Enamel technique from Tim Holtz using Spiced Marmalade and Vintage Photo distress inks.  There's a bit of Tim's tissue paper tape on the tag also. The flowers are made by crimping a piece of cardstock over and over until soft and pliable.  Then seperate into two layers which now look like homemade paper, and is super soft too.  Then I die cut the florals and inked the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink.

Comments

Maria Ontiveros said…
Gorgeous. I've never wanted a sizzix until Tim started releasing all those fabulous dies!
Rinda
SSquyres said…
I don't like the latest trend of flowers flowers everywhere ... but I must make an exception with this example. Stunning!
Connie Lutz said…
Love this - and I really like the new look to your blog!
Sonja said…
Gorgeous!! I rarely use orange but I really like how you used it here. Methinks I need to use some orange soon.

P.S. Love the new look of the blog! The birds on the branches are FABULOUS.