Arts 'n Crafts


The August kit from Club Scrap is Arts 'n Crafts and the colors are really appealing to me.  A sort of tomato red, green, yellows and blue, although this card doesn't sport any blue paper or ink! The first card has a large background piece using the technique and some flowers cut out of the Tim Holtz flower die.  I ran the paper through a crimper several times to soften it up and then separate the layers, making it more like handmade paper. Nestablities oval dies for the saying.

On the second card I  used the whimsy technique from the Technique Junkie newsletter for the panel behind the birthday pieces.  Then I had another piece of cardstock stamped with the images and not colored in yet and I thought it made a great background sheet for the whole card, tying in the white on the whimsy piece.

I also used my Nestibilties dies to make the shapes - love those things for adding to cards! I think these cards really have an end of summer, beginning of fall feel to them.  Ofcourse the weather here is still summer!

Comments

Maria Ontiveros said…
Tomato red is a really good description! I love the kit but haven't done anything with it yet. Especially like the top card.
Rinda
Jen said…
Gorgeous, Nancy!
Rachelle said…
Beautiful! The colors are so warm and inviting.
Theresa Lee said…
Love it!!! I ordered the stamp kit to go with my sr. kit, now I really can't wait for it to get here!