Brick Wall, a la Technique Junkies!

here's the latest technique Jen and I challenged each other too, she beat me to it this week!  I know that Dorothy and Toto are a pretty obvious subject for the name of the technique, but I couldn't resist using these great stamps from Artistic Outpost... especially since it is my favorite movie!  Where's the popcorn??

The papers are all from Club Scrap (Arts 'n Crafts, All that Jazz and Gimme a Ring) and the flowers are from my stash.  Here's a little trick for the Nestabilities shape: since the next size up "nest" was too big for the look I wanted I cut out two shapes the same as the image one in the orange color.  Then cut them both in half and pieced behind to make it look like one, it's not perfect but it'll do!  I learned this from my Stampin' Up demo Elaine.

Supplies:
paper: Club Scrap
stamp: Artistic Outpost
Ink: Palatte Noir
Dies: Nestabilities
Gold embossing powder

Comments

Jen said…
Love this card. As you know, this is my little doggie. I am going to have to buy that set!
Jen said…
By the way, very clever camouflage technique on the Nestie!
Maria Ontiveros said…
Totally cute colors and image. Love it.
Rinda
Yvonne Garner said…
Adorable card. Love AO's images. Thanks for the tip on refitting borders. Well done!