Desk Set

This project was in the last Club Scrap kit - Lotus Pond.  The directions have you painting it white and using the pink paper from the kit.  I decided to go a different direction and made it to match my calendar project so that I could display both on my desk in the family room.  My desk - which goes with the other furnishings - is Mission style and most of the artwork in that room is old photos in plain black frames, so I think this works well.
It is made by gluing together book board and then painting.  I stamped on the drawer front and on the paper that wraps the tins using the Gratitude kit stamps.  Then I added some wooden knobs that I painted to the tops of the tins and some paper and a dimensional pearl to the knob on the drawer.

To the right is the calendar project I made - again the basic frame is just book board glued together and painted. I stamped on the brown paper and the heart and wing are wood pieces that have been painted ivory and stamped on. The edges are just rubbed with ink. A key and ribbon and a fancy know finish it off.





Supplies:
Project kit: Club Stamp
Stamps: Club Stamp Gratitude, Passage of Time Remix, Henna
Paint: Dick Blick Black
Misc: Tim Holtz Accoutrement's knob

Comments

Unknown said…
you've been tagged with some Leibster Blog love.
Visit me to pick up your tag
http://creatingwiththegirls.blogspot.com/2011_02_01_archive.html#6228204639005098232
Jen said…
Ohmygosh, Nancy, it was meant to be. Our furniture is ALSO Mission style Your little desk set is darling.