Grungy Monday 04 - Texture Fades & Distress

This week over at the Studio L3 blog we were challenged to use texture fades (embossing folders) and distress inks.  You can see Tim's video that explains it very well here.  Although I do have several of the Texture Fade folders by Tim I chose to use this one from Sizzix that fit with the new papers and unmounted stamps I just received from Club Scrap, the Dashing collection.

This was a special release kit that went with the annual PSL (Pro Scrapbooking League), which was a 7 week long competition of card making and scrapbook layout making fun!

I used Faded Jeans and Broken China distress inks to ink up the embossing folder.  Using the same inks I stamped the two images.  To get a two-tone look I inked it randomly with the lighter color, then the darker and stamped.  Then I dug through my hardware and found a little hinge that seemed to work really well with the image.  One year in my stocking my husband got me all kinds of washers, nuts and hinges from the hardware store to add to my creations.

Supplies:
Stamps and Cardstock: Club Scrap Dashing
Embossing Folder: Sizzix
Ribbon: my stash

Comments

Jen said…
FANTASTIC, Ms.Nancy. I love the combination of embossing folder and Dashing kit elements. This is a gorgeous card.
Chrissie said…
I'm so glad you're playing GM with us!I'm repeating myself since i said the same thing on the Club Scrap Board, but this card is pretty and masculine at the same time. Well done.
Capescrapper said…
Ooooooo ahhhhhh!! Love this one Nancy!! I did the challenge (FINALLY) this week too! I need to get my bum in gear and post! Love the use of the Dashing UM's. I need to get mine cut so I can play!
Sarah said…
Great blues and very original design!
Sarah
Unknown said…
I have to agree with all of the above :) .A great card and would be great for those guys on your list also.

I'm looking forward to things calming down here after Easter so I can do what I want to do :)
fairy thoughts said…
lovely colours, very unique
thanks for sharing
janet
Daniele said…
lovely card, I love simplicity of the colour scheme which highlights all the details
hugs