Grungy Monday - Colorwash Sprays




This weeks challenge is to use Ranger's Colorwash sprays.  These are not the sprays with glimmer in them, but just rich Adirondack colors.  There are so many ways to use these; check out Tim Holtz's blog or the Ranger site for lots of inspiration.  And you can find all the Grungy Monday information over at the Studio L3 blog - good stuff!

I used the Denim and Stream colorwash to create some background papers.  Spray liberally onto watercolor paper then place some plastic wrap over the paper and let it dry.  When you removed the plastic wrap you will have some color designs and colors, almost jewel like. 

This is a 7-day Gratitude journal that I'm working on, I'm trying to get the journal ready and then will pick a week to do some art journal work each day.  The journal is made from a file folder. I folded up about three inches across the bottom to make pockets for the tags and then folded up to create an accordian like formation and then a spine glued on to keep it together like a book.  For some of the tags I used the Colorwash paper and other I gave a quick spritz of Colorwash and then stamped on top of that.  The backside of the tags have an assortment of lined ephemera papers to write on.

I used an assortment of decorative papers, stamps and stickers and lots of ephemera to creat the covers and to decorate the tags and pocket fronts.  I'll post more later as it gets used.

Supplies:
Ranger Adirondack Colorwash sprays (Denim & Stream)
Stickes: Club Scrap and 7 Gypsies
fibers: Club Scrap
other: vintage ephemera

Comments

Maria Ontiveros said…
Love the dream catcher.
Rinda
Julie Shoemaker said…
This is such a beautiful piece, love the colors!
Capescrapper said…
Nancy, more totally inspiring work! The colors just pop off the page!!
Kim said…
Your Journal is fantastic!! And I love the idea of the plastic wrap!! I'll have to give that a try.
Have a great weekend.
minnie_mac said…
Love your idea for the journal, and love the colours and that gorgeous stamp.

Marilyn
donna said…
Great project and I love that color combo. Who made the dream catcher stamp? She is so cool...Donna
nancy y said…
Stamps are all from Unity Stamp Company, I believe the Melody Roos line.
Jen said…
This is very cool. You'll have to 'splain to me tomorrow how you assembled the whole project. I love the blues. And duh, I didn't use watercolor paper. I'll bet I would have been happier with my Scrunch technique if I had. Next time....
Chrissie said…
This is so cool. you continue to amaze and inspire me young nancy!
Anonymous said…
Love what you done with the office supplies. I am always looking for inovative uses of everyday things. Love the color.
Linda Ledbetter said…
Nancy, this is fabulous! I love that you're creating a Gratitude Journal, and the Color Washed papers are so perfect for this project. This is so inspiring, and I'm very happy that you shared your talent and awesome project for Grungy Monday!