Grungy Monday - week 2

Here's my simple, but I think pretty, card for the second week of Grungy Monday challenges over at Linda's Studio L3.  This week we were to watch this video    from the Ranger Ink website and create something inspired by Tim Holtz using Distress inks and Multi Medium.  I don't have any of their Multi Medium but I thought that Golden's Fluid Matte Medium would work in much the same way, creating a resist.
 I used the Tattered Florals die to create foam stamps and stamped them on some First Edition DSP from Stampin' Up with the matte medium and let that dry.  Then I used Olive, Worn Lipstick and Spiced Marmalade distress inks to color the piece.   I die cut additional flowers with the same die and colored with the same inks.  Some Hero Arts lace died with the ink and  a brad to the center of the flower and a punched edge finished it off.

Supplies:
cardstock: Club Scrap
DSP: Stampin' Up
Inks: Distress Olive, Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade
Brad: Basic Grey
Lace: Hero Arts colored with the Spiced Marmalade ink
Edge Punch: Martha Stewart

Comments

Maggie said…
This is gorgeous and the colours are so vibrant!
Julie Shoemaker said…
Really beautiful piece Nancy.
Linda Ledbetter said…
Nancy, it's not just pretty, it's gorgeous! You did a great job on the GM02 resist technique, and the colors are lovely and summery and happy. I love the flower with the text, and the lacy edge is the perfect touch!
Chrissie said…
I'll see your gorgeous and raise you to FABULOUS!!!! Such a pretty color palette Grungy skittles...just the way i like it!
Jen said…
Linda is correct. I love the summery colors and you did an excellent job on the technique. Great work, as always.
Jane said…
Gorgeous. Simple yes, but sometimes that is just what is needed. I love your art.
Kim said…
Wow! Your card just screams spring!I love the lace echoing the lacy bottom. Thanks for stopping by my spot! A year after I married into the name, my husband's cousin, who lived at the other end of the road, got married to a Kim...talk about mail mix-up! LOL! Have a gerat week.
Capescrapper said…
Nancy, this is so soft and beautiful! Love the florals and lace used. :)