Grungy Monday 07

This week we have a simple technique, Distress Ink Color Blocking. But as Tim says in the video "sometimes simple is a good thing".  I'm really enjoying the challenges that Linda brings us each week, and having a fairly easy one once in awhile certainly helps when you have a busy week!

I decided to get a jump on Father's Day with this technique when I was perusing my stamps and came across this neat guy stamp (Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers) and thought of some colors to use that would seem masculine.  I used Ranger Distress inks in Mustard Seed, Barn Door, Fired Brick, Olive, Frayed Burlap and Faded Jeans.  The image is colored with colored pencils and then I thought it needed some color around the edges so just did that in the color blocking method.  You can always click on the image to see it in more detail... see the corners?

Supplies:inks: Ranger Distress Ink
images: RBBB & sentiment from Club Scrap
paper: Club Scrap

Comments

Maria Ontiveros said…
Love what you did with this technique. The stamps and vibe are perfect for it!
Rinda
Von said…
Such a cool card for the dads :)
Von
You really got this technique right! The colors are vivid and I also think that this is a great dads card.
fairy thoughts said…
great card they have a very 1950's feel to them with the bright colours
janet
Jen said…
Oh, Nancy, I love this. The colorblocking is so cool and it really works with these stamps. I love the corner detail, too. You are on top of these challenges. I'm still bogged down in blog hop.
Terry said…
100% sophistication and just glorious! Love your take on the GM challenge! I just became your newest follower and thank you for visiting my blog!
Shelly Hickox said…
Fantastic card, Nancy! I love the way you used the technique to frame the top layer.
Jane said…
Great Father's day card! I am a total RBBB fan as well. I love your technique and the colors you used. Great masculine feel to the card.
Wendy said…
Wonderful card. Great idea to use the colour blocking to frame your focal point.
Chrissie said…
Wow oh wow...you took a seemingly simple technique and made a stunning card (not that I'm surprise!) You rock!
Kim said…
Fabulous job! This technique really does lend itself to a "guy" card! Your guy will lvoe it!
Sarah said…
worked out great and definitely a good male look!
Thanks for sharing...
Sarah at 46
Fabulous card! Very dapper!
MarleneMAZ said…
Fabulous card! love those gentlemen you used:)
Anonymous said…
This is one cool card with a solid retro feel. Great colors and the stamps are awesome.I love it!