Squirrely Challenge - Bohemian Layers

This week we're working on Bohemian Layers from the February 2011 Technique Junkie newsletter.  This one is a little higher on the difficulty scale - and involves embossing and the use of a brayer!  My first few attempts didn't lend themselves to card making very well, but I'll probably find some use for them in time.  You really have to pick your stamps carefully for this technique!

The card above features stamps from Stampin' Up.  The circles and sentiment frame& sentiment are the Just Believe set. The lacy background is one of their large background stamps.   Along the bottom is a border punch (ek sucess) and I used the Stampin' Up Bohemian flower punch to make the burgundy flowers behind the sentiment.  The inks are a real mish-mash!  Blush from SU, a darker pink from CTMH and finally cranberry Adirondack.  My ink pads are a large and varied lot.

This blue one uses stamps from the Stampin' Up set Elements of Style. Ink colors are SU sky, Adirondack Stonewash & Denim. I used the Cricut Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge to cut out the flowers. The newsprint flowers I colored with Adrirondack Stain in Broken China.Then  I then sprayed them all  with some Radiant Rain Shimmering mist that's a subtle gold - this is the first time I've tried these mists and they work fantastic!  I picked this one up at a LSS on the 50% off table, too bad there weren't more!  Remember you can double click the image to see it larger - not sure the shimmer is going to show up to well however.

Now to see more great Bohemian Layers cards check out the links under Squirrel Girls on the right, that's where the current participants can be found.
enjoy your weekend!

supplies:
cardstock: Club Scrap, Bazzil
stamps: Stampin Up
Inks: a variety ;-)
other: Cricut

Comments

Capescrapper said…
These are gorgeous Nancy. It is amazing how different everyone's look. Love the blue with the hummingbirds.
Jen said…
These cards are beautiful. I love the hummers. Are they SU? The cranberry card is very elegant. With all the trouble we had with this tech, I am happy with all of the results. I guess sweat pays off....
Connie Lutz said…
They turned out great! Love the bird colors.