Grungy Monday 09

This week Linda over at the L3 Studio has us trying the Shabby Chic technique that Tim demos here.  I have sort of a love/hate relationship with my paint dabbers.  Perhaps because I don't use them enough to prevent them from drying out, but adding water to them always helps.

For this piece I used White, Red Pepper and Watermelon paint Dabbers.  The swirl stamp is from Hot Potatoes and the bird image is  Hampton Arts.

Supplies:
Paper: Red is Stampin' Up, Black is Club Scrap
Stamps: Hot Potatoes, Hampton Arts Diffusion line
other: Sheer black ribbon, edge distresser, Ranger Paint Dabbers

Comments

Maria Ontiveros said…
I love the composition on this one. And, of course, a bird makes everything better.
Rinda
Jen said…
This is very nice. You seemed to have the technique knocked. I do not. Love the bird image. And the color and swirls. All in all, very appealing.
Chrissie said…
Hot Potatoes??Well that's a name I haven't heard in a while. This is a wonderful card you've created Miss Nancy. Nice combination of reds and whites!
Love those colors w/the black, very striking. I especially like painting inside the framed area.

Debbie C
Kaz said…
great colours for this technique x

kazx
Kim said…
Your card came out great! Those colors worked really well together.
Evelyn S. said…
Pretty! I didn't use the dabbers (I have only 3 colors in the newer bottles), but used the cut-n-dry foam to dab on acrylic paint from my big stash. I haven't seen a Hot Potato stamp for years; I used to watch her on Carol Duvall all the time.