Grungy Monday 10 - Distress Ink-o-Rama

This week over at Grungy Monday headquarters we had a pretty easy assignment - use Distress Inks in any way! Ofcourse if you check out the Distress King's blog you will find plenty of great ways to use  this ink!

 I have several pieces in partial completion, but due to an upcoming vacation and a severe shortage of time I ended up finishing this fishy card!  This technique is  Non-Stick Color from the current Technique Junkie newsletter.  Pretty easy, basically putting your Distress ink down on a non-stick craft sheet and using that as your "ink pad"... a bit more complicated, but the newsletter can give you exact instructions! I also used the Distress inks to add some color to the oval I cut out with my Nestabilities die.  This card fits several challenges - use my stash, more masculine cards and GM!

I'm using one of my all time favorite stamps from Club Scrap, it's from the Fossils kit and it's one of the first kits I got from them.  They had only scrapbook kits just prior to this kit and about 2 months before that they came out with a stamp kit, I signed up when I saw a sneak peek of these images!

Supplies:
cardstock: Club Scrap (Culinary, Great Outdoors)
stamp: Club Scrap
ink: Distress - Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint, Stormy Sky and Weathered Wood
other: black brads and a funky "fishing lure"

Comments

Marjie Kemper said…
Amazing coloring!
Capescrapper said…
I love your fishy card Nancy!! Way to go and as Marjie said, cool colors!!
Angelica Turner said…
Great coloring on your card, great technique. TFS
Sarah said…
Great colours and technique - love this muted look - just fab!
Sarah (46 on GM)
Linda Ledbetter said…
Nancy, this ROCKS! I love the stamp you used to feature Distress Inks-- what a great design! Your color choices are just perfect, too. What a great card!
Shelly Hickox said…
Very cool! That stamp is awesome.