Grungy Monday 12


This week we are prompted to follow the tutorial by the ever talented Tim Holtz in these techniques from 2008.  Linda is really great at finding lots of things "tim" to challenge ourselves creatively over on her Studio L3 blog.  Tim's tag is full of all kinds of good stuff and I think I've managed to incorporate most of the things he shows.  Some of the products I didn't have and so improvised and used what I thought would look good for this tag.  I started with some designer paper from Stampin' Up that has bees on it, and that was my inspiration! I don't have the darker colors of Paint Dabbers, so I used some Dick Blick black acrylic paint and a cosmetic sponge to paint over the embossed design.  Hard to tell but the bee's wings have Distress Stickles (Rock Candy) on them, as do the tiny little bees flying around the hive.  The image is colored with watercolor pencils, some fabulous Dewent pencils I recently got from my Mom who upcycled them to me!  A tea stained mini tag with the letter B and a fancy swirly paper clip help embellish the piece.  On Tim's tutorial he ran paper through his dymo-label maker, but I went with the black tape this time around.

Most of the time I don't know where a project will take me, I pick a paper or stamp and go with it!  Usually it works out, however there are times that something ends up in the trash... or paper recycling box! The background diamond stamp is from Stampin' Up.  The image of the bee and hive are an oldie from A Stamp in the Hand - and bees are so important to us, please plant a few bee lovin' flowers in your yard!

supplies:
Stamps: A Stamp in the Hand, Stampin' Up & unknown
Paper: Stampin' Up
Other: Dymo labler, Club Scrap ribbon, tag, Distress Rock Candy Stickles

Comments

Jen said…
This is soooo cool. I love it. I'm really into themed things and you followed the theme all the way through. Great job on the technique. And congrats on another Grungy Monday under your belt. I'm slacking.
Maria Ontiveros said…
Love, love, love the bees!
rinda
Alison said…
Wonderful tag Nancy! I love the bees!
Alison x