Mojo Monday & Using the Stash


In my efforts to use up stash and get some masculine cards made I hit upon this latest sketch from Mojo Monday and thought it would be great, plus since I'm hand delivering some of these cards it doesn't matter that the rosette is so dimensional on the card. 

The patterned paper I have had for at least two years, it's double sided and so great looking that I've hesitated using it.  If I use it I won't have it anymore... crazy right?  So I'm trying to get over that feeling and just do my shopping in my own cabinets and drawers.  Goodness knows I have plenty of supplies!


 
I do have the Sizzix die from Tim Holtz to make the rosettes, but for this one I didn't want the scalloped edges; so I just cut, scored and folded this one on my own. Doing it this way also allows you to make the rosette any size you want. I stamped the ties twice, once on plain cardstock and once on the patterned piece so that I could cut one out to paper piece onto the circle.



Supplies:
Cardstock & Paper: Stampin' Up, Club Scrap and unknown
Stamps: ties are A Muse, sentiment is Hero Arts

Comments

Jen said…
Golly, gee, Nan, this is fan-frigging-tastic!!! Love the rosette and those adorable ties. Good job using your stash!
Maria Ontiveros said…
Love this! The colors are great, and the patterns are spectacular! I can't believe you have the patience to hand cut rosettes.
Rinda
Jen said…
This is a great sketch, too. I will have to try it. Maybe on a layout.