ATC - Tim Holtz Inspired

Here's an ATC I made recently for a trade, the only requirement being that it take inspiration from Tim Holtz.  I was stuck for ideas, so I perused my copy of Tim's book "Compendium of Curiosities" to get some guidance.  I really wanted to use my distress inks, that was my only criteria.  I decided upon waterstamping - which is fairly faint in the background. This technique seems to work best with dark colors of ink and bold stamps and sometimes I get a much better look than others. What can I say? I'm no Tim Holtz, I swear he has the magic touch for some of these techniques!

Then built up layers with a stamped image and then added a grungeboard piece that I embossed with Distress Embossing powders, even the brads were embossed to fit it.  The base paper is also from Tim's line of Adirondack's.

Comments

Maria Ontiveros said…
I love the colors of this; I would definitely say that it's hard to do Tim's stuff and have it work consistently well.
Rinda
Capescrapper said…
I really love it and I think the water stamping is perfect. Just a subtle image in the background. Nicely done!
Jen said…
Very T!m-esque. I think you did a wonderful job on the water technique. Your swappers will be thrilled to receive these.