Crayon Resist

Crayon resist is an oldie but goodie technique.  I've been seeing resists of all kinds all over the Internet lately, so it must be seeing a resurgence this summer!  Ever since I first tried the crayon trick I've been hooked - it really makes things pop.  

You need glossy cardstock - I buy it by the ream, Kromecoat.  Then you stamp your image, I prefer to use black India Ink and heat set, this seems to work best to avoid smears.  Then color the area you want no ink to go on with the white crayon.  I used Club Scrap's Palette inks in Leaf and Orchid to color the image using these applicators, which have become my favorite.  They work fantastic, and feel good in your hand. Then rub over the image with a soft cloth to take the ink off the crayon. The white just POPs right out at you!

The base card is made from the same glossy cardstock, then a punched border strip in purple, and other border strip in green which I punched holes across using a paper piercer, add some fiber and voila!

supplies:
cardstock: Kromecoat, Club Scrap
stamp: Club Scrap Papillon
other: Paper Piercer, white Crayola crayon

Comments

Jen said…
I cannot resist your art. Or these Pap images. Must Copy Soon. Lovely.
Jen said…
Yes, I did read your detailed instructions but I do have senior moments these days and don't always recall everything I read. Just stepped back in to admire this beauty again.