Distress Stains

I've been playing with the Distress Stains from Ranger this past week, they are fun and have lots of interesting applications.  For this card I stamped the bird images with clear embossing ink and embossed with white embossing powder.  Then I smeared a couple colors of distress stain right onto my craft sheet and  ran the paper through them to color the image, the embossing resists the stains and makes the images pop!

The black "dots" aren't brads, but another cool new product I've been using, Viva Decor Pearl Pens.  You have to let them sit to dry, but they are really great for making dots & embellishments.  They come in a huge assortment of colors, for now I just have white and black.  The pens hold alot so I don't think I'll be running out anytime soon.  I purchased mine from Susana here.

Sketch is from my friend Jennifer and is the challenge sketch over at Club Scrap this month! Go see what she did with the sketch  here.

supplies:
stamps: Club Scrap (birds), Stampin' Up! (greeting)
paper: Club Scra[
Punches: Stampin' Up!
other: Viva Decor pearl-pen, ribbon

Comments

Maria Ontiveros said…
Very cool. I bought a couple of distress stains and haven't used them yet.
Rinda
Unknown said…
beautiful. The stains are so much fun to play with aren't they
Chrissie said…
Have had the stains for a while but never used. Just bought 4-5 of these Viva Decor pens at Stampaway last weekend to use on my Outlines stamps, so I'm going to give them a go this weekend! Thanks for always inspiring Nancy...your birds are delightful!
Jen said…
Gorgeous card. Where did you ever get such a great sketch? Love the dots. Another product I must have. Is it sort of like our Enamel Accents?