Artist Trading Cards



The first photo gives you a little peek at how I work.  It's messy and inky!

Here's my work in progress and completed ATCs.  I've been making and trading these little bits of art for many years now.  If you aren't familiar with Artist Trading cards, they are 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 little bits of art. Always traded and never sold.  These are for a swap over at PaperArtistsOnline, a welcoming group of stampers, scrapbookers, and mixed media artists.   The theme for this swap was "Things with Wings".  Butterflies have been high on my list of winged things this summer, so that's where I went with this.  I also wanted to incorporate some of the things I've been learning in my on-line classes. 

The green part is done with resist.  The wings are stamped twice and colored/blended using two Distress Inks (Wild Honey & Worn Lipstick).  The top wing is secured with foam tape to give some dimension to the piece.  

supplies:
Paper: KromeKote glossy, Club Scrap red & Cream from Welcome kit

Stamps: Butterflies, Club Scrap.  Bliss, Stampin' Up!
inks: Ranger Distress (Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey,  Peeled Paint), Club Scrap India Ink Black
other: Cut 'n Dry foam to blend

Comments

Maria Ontiveros said…
Every element on this beautiful!
Rinda
Jen said…
Lucky gals are receiving these gorgeous and well-designed ATC's. Love 'em.
Rachelle said…
This is truly elegant! I hope I get one!