Inspiration Showcase - Week 1


I'm taking another online card class from Jennifer McGuire this week and next.  We are learning some cool techniques each week which we can then put them all together on a canvas as a finished piece of art.  Since I have so many things going on this month I am just sticking with the hearts that she shows and copying her colors pretty much exactly.  I have grand plans to make other canvas in the future, perhaps Halloween or Christmas themed. 

The card is made using one of the techniques, basic resist.  This technique is probably as old as I am - but sure gives some great results. I'm using KromeKote paper, Hero Arts background stamp and Wild Honey Distress ink for it.  This card also closely follows one of the ones that Jennifer did.  I know... really creative aren't I?  But I did just recuperate from a fun long weekend.  I was at my annual Scramp Camp (scrapbooking and stamping) with 20 of my artsy friends!  As soon as I finish my canvas I'll post that and tell you all about the fun we had making them.  In the middle of camp I had to leave to attend a very special wedding - so by Sunday night I was tired!

Comments

Jennifer said…
Let me be the first to say I am impressed that you have created such perfect little heart-y works of art. And a card, too. The card is gorgeous. The colors are so rich. Great job!
Maria Ontiveros said…
Beautiful card today - I love that color palette! Sorry to have missed you on Sunday; hope the wedding was fun.
Rinda
Chrissie said…
your card and hearts are extraordinary...not that i expect anything less from you!!