we got cows...


way down there, do you see it?  The ranch house!

Yesterday my husband, daughter and I went to the grand opening of a new trail for the Open Space Authority.  The trail leads to the ranch land that my husband's maternal grandparents bought sometime in the 1940's.  Mark has many great memories of his trips up to the ranch as a kid, and we would go for barbecues and picnics there after I met him.  Our daughter remembers some of it - hiking around, flying kites.  My son, he was so young he remembers none of that.  My mother-in-law and her sisters and brother sold the property to the OSA and it is now open via trails to visit.  They have big plans for the ranch house to become a hostel at some point in time, but ofcourse money is a big factor in that.  It's a strenuous hike about 2 miles (mostly downhill) from the ceremony to the house... and then 2 miles back up!  Gorgeous views all around and even some cattle to see!






I just loved being so close to the cattle!

Comments

Jen said…
Great shots. Looking forward to the layouts....get busy on those skitches.