Embossing

 Over at Club Scrap my friend Jennifer does a monthly card sketch, and this is the one for November.  I had my Club Scrap Adobe stamps and papers out so I've been making several cards to fit into some challenges.  I wanted to point out a few things on this card.  The rust background is stamped with Versamark Ink to give a watermark look and the copper "beads" on the birthday die cut are actually from Tulip, paint for fabric, and are called "Beads in a Bottle".  They come in packages of 4 and work the same as Viva Decor Pearl Pens, but are a little cheaper.  You don't get as much in each bottle, but how many beads am I really going to make?  I have the Pearl Pens in white and black because that seemed like the most versatile for what I use them for so when I found the Beads I picked up the metallic pack.  I did not see them at my local Michael's, but found them at JoAnn in Spokane my last trip north!
And this close up shows how I made the center look like a little gem (sort of!) or perhaps a piece of turquoise.  I stamped and embossed the image in copper ink and copper embossing powder.  Then I stamped again so that I could cut out just the center diamond shape from turquoise cardstock.  Then I covered each diamond shape with Versamark ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I have a little trick I learn to make that easy, so I'll share it in the next day or two when I get a photo of it!

supplies:
Paper & Stamps: Club Scrap, Adobe
Ink: Colorbox copper pigment, Versamark
other: die-cut, Copper embossing powder, Tulip Beads in a Bottle

Comments

Deb C said…
I love using dimensional paints, but never thought to look at the fabric aisle! I'll have to check that out. A little goes a long way, so that's a great tip to get more colors without breaking the bank.