January Counterfeit Kit

Last year I discovered the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog through my friend Rinda's blog. Each month they feature a specific kit club and you then make your own kit using supplies you have in your stash.  Jennifer and I have been talking about doing this for a couple months, and came up with our own spin on the idea.  We are making a kit for each other - so a counterfeit kit swap!  This month's  CKC has a great selection of kits to chose from Cocoa Daisy.  I've been checking out their kits for the past few months, and really like them.  However at this time I really need to use up some of my stash before embarking on anymore monthly commitments.  So CKC to the rescue!

Above is the kit I received from Jen, Flightless Bird.  She'll post mine on her blog.  We gave our kits names, just like Cocoa Daisy does!  Surprisingly enough, I have none of the items she sent me - except the Thicker Stickers.  I have a stash of those, love 'em.  There are patterned papers and cardstock along with the stickers, alpha sheet, Kaiser Craft wooden birds, K&Company dimensional stickers, Heidi Swapp journal spots, Recollections Bling, tags, ribbons and assorted die cuts.  Jen has a Silhouette, so she can cut cool stuff.  Like birdcages, birds, and a fun new cut called Quilled Flowers.  Oh and a little Studio g stamp set to round things out!

I still have some sketches to do from the BPC  class Double Take, so these will be put to good use.  Stay tuned for a layout!




Comments

Jen Cro said…
I like the idea of switching kits. That way everything really is "new again".
Jimjams said…
Oh what a great idea - this way you get a completely fresh kit to use! Have fun with it!
Jen said…
Nancy, hope you enjoy Flightless Bird and create many fun things with it. I love this idea of stepping out of our Comfort Zone, with a little help from our friend.
Maria Ontiveros said…
Love the idea of a CK swap. And thanks for the shout out.
Rinda
Anonymous said…
Great idea - the kit looks lovely aswell!
Emily said…
Very clever - love the swap idea. I love the kit you received. Have fun with it!
Margie said…
Great kit, I love the embellies!
Capescrapper said…
This is fantastic Nancy! I had heard about this from Rinda as well and have always been intrigued! Thanks for the link and I am definitely going to go back and try and make my own CK. Very cool idea about trading your kit with Jen! Fun!
Lisa said…
double the fun with your take on the challenge - your kit looks great and looking forward to seeing what you create
scrappymo! said…
Love ythe idea of doing up a kit for your friend and she for you. It is an interesting concept and truly makes stash items "new" for you to scrap with!

Have fun with your kit and show us what you create.
Connie Lutz said…
Great idea! I'll have to check this link out!
Unknown said…
Can't wait to see what you make with your kit!
Lisa said…
Beautiful kit have fun scrapping.
Tara O said…
Nice kit! Have fun scrapping with it this month!