Zentangle Postcards


Over the holidays my artsy friend "Sherry in Indiana" sent me a Zentangle book along with some Sakura Micron pens.  She claims it's relaxing - but I think that doesn't happen until you are much more practiced than I.  There are plenty of books, YouTube videos and even websites devoted to this cool art style. 

They claim it's an enjoyable and uplifting art form.  I did find it enjoyable... once I figured out some patterns.  It's pretty amazing when you see the step-by-step diagrams, some things that seem so intricate when broken down into steps appear easy.  This is ofcourse before you put pen to paper!  Sometimes I am going for a certain line and what comes out on the paper is completely different. Then you just improvise - add a dash, a dot, a squiggle and it works out!  

The second picture is part of a postcard I did, I started by tracing a house shaped magnet and then going from there.  I've found working on small sections is easiest.  Give it a try!  




Comments

Jen said…
Oh, my, Nancy, You know I've been wanting to do this. Just don't know if I can let go and be this relaxed. HA HA

Love them.
Maria Ontiveros said…
I'm thinking zentangle is a time-sucking rabbit hole one could easily fall down, so I've been avoiding it. LOL!
Rinda