Counterfeit Kit Challenge - the Results

Earlier in the month I posted the goodies that my friend Jen sent me to work on the CKC with, you can see the raw materials here.  After that I got busy making some blank layouts, using sketches that I learned in the Double Take class at Big Picture Classes.  Tonight I added the photos to complete them.  Since the basics were done, doing the layouts took me only about an hour - pretty good for me.  

 Above is the the blank layout and then the completed layout.  I didn't add a whole lot to this one since the embellishments are pretty detailed and fit with the subject.  These are photos of the Luther Burbank Home and Gardens in Santa Rosa. I added some white writing under the Shasta Daisy - which was cultivated by Burbank in 1901.  Also some handwritten journaling regarding the green house.  The Garden Views is made with Thicker Stickers, first spritz with green spray then wiped over top with Picket Fence Distress Stain.

And this is second layout, blank and complete.  I chose to leave the bird on the left without coloring, as the wood I felt went well with the layout and the trees!  On the right I did my journaling on the tag which was made by Jen and then sprayed the die cuts with some gold Perfect Pearls Spray.  

Can't wait for February's Challenge!

Comments

Maria Ontiveros said…
Those turned out great. I especially like the first one.
Rinda
Anonymous said…
These look lovely - the second one is my fave. It's interesting to see the part finished pages and then the end result - they change so much with the photos!
scrappymo! said…
What a great idea to show the before and after...amazing how the photos really make the layout sing!
Tara O said…
Love those colors!! I have a hard time making blank LO's.
Jen said…
This was so much fun, Nancy. Your layouts are great and I can't wait to see how February challenges us!!! This was a fantastic idea of yours!!!
Susanne said…
These look great; that must be an interesting class at BPC!