Flowers - Cricut Mother's Day Bouquet



 I'm doing a flower swap - so I decided to get out the Cricut and the Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge to make my flowers.  After all, that is the reason I got that cartridge, to make my own flowers.  I thought you might like to see my creative process "in action".

Here are some basic shapes I cut on the Cricut and then some of them I embossed with some embossing folders and the Cuttlebug.

The next photo shows where I've used my Distress inks to add some color to the pieces, this seems to make them more interesting.
 Here is the flower almost complete, I like to curl or manipulate the petals to give it some interest.  Otherwise they seem to flat to me.  Sometimes I add some glue dots between the layers to give even more dimension.

And here are a bunch of the finished flowers.  I've added buttons, brads, Distress Stickles and some fancy netted paper to some of them.  It's fun to mix and match and dig through your stash for just the right embellishment.

Comments

Jen said…
Ooooh, love these delicious little flowerful goodies. Lucky gals who receive these lovelies. Great work. Lots of detail and special touches.
Capescrapper said…
Great job on all these beautiful flowers Nancy!
Chrissie said…
what a colorful blog post. These are just so darn pretty!