a layout and a sketch


Another layout made with the Counterfeit Kit I received from Jen.  These photos are from a couple years ago when a group of us were at our annual Scramp Camp and we had a morning of beauty!  I got a lot of mileage out of one of the doilies  in the kit, I thought the white was a good contrast to all the pink.

The card is made with some of the leftover pieces of patterned paper that I cut down to fit into this sketch over on the CKC blog.  It uses a new stamp set for me - from The {Stamps} of Life and it has all sorts of trees, leaves, birds and saying.  Pretty cute - not what I usually go for but it seemed so versatile.  The inside sentiment says "It's your birthday".

Comments

MiliPea Designs said…
I'm not usually a big bird/tree stamp person either, but you really made this work for you. Love both projects!
Jen said…
I love this layout and card. I can hardly recognize that stuff from my stash. It looks so different with your spin on it! Great job counterfeiting!!!
Lisa said…
that little bird is quite adorable especially with the tree and the sentiment - what a lovely card for someone! And the layout is a lot of fun - very drawn to your doilies. I can't seem to do a layout at the moment without a tiny bit of one at least!
Tricia said…
Great page!! I love how you used the doilies and your card is adorable!!
Susanne said…
Great use of that doily with the butterflies - really nice. And your card is just fabulous - I am going to have to try that sketch. Thanks for the inspiration.
Very nice! I really need to try some card sketches with my scraps - I am completely card challenged :).
Connie Lutz said…
Love the layout! The card is so cute - I'm really liking that stamp set as well!
Capescrapper said…
Fantastic Nancy!
Sonja said…
Love, love, love the layout and the card!! Soooo cute! xoxoxo