Squirrely Art - the Spray Paint Project

Here I am putting the base coat on my plastic holder.  This holds my acrylic blocks on my desk.
 I got together with my friend Connie the other day to work on a project that we learned from our on-line classes with Mary Jo McGraw.  You can sign up for those here.  Look for the info on the "Secret Blog".  Since it involved spray paint I wasn't sure I would do the project, but Connie and I thought it would be fun to try it together.  I figured I'd fancy up some of the storage items I use in my "studio".  I have to do a wee bit of work on mine, but will be back tomorrow to show you the finished projects in use!

Check out Connie's blog to see more photos and her cool project!

Spraying with the stencil

First section done.  I went back and sprayed the little lip around the tray all in the darker green.
Connie's piece in progress, along with some of our "tools"
Gloves would've been a good idea... my hand looks worse than it was,. The palm is really just a shadow, not paint!



Comments

Maria Ontiveros said…
Very cool - Dina Wakley of Ponderings had a unit on using black spray paint in art journals that I was very skeptical about at first but ended up enjoying. I still have most of a can of spray paint left.
Rinda
Connie Lutz said…
So fun! Remember to post the completed photos!
Capescrapper said…
LOL, Nancy looks like fun! Great project!
Jen said…
Very adventurous. You two are certainly squirrely.