Patterned Paper and Stamps

Earlier this summer I got a screamin' deal on a collection from My Mind's Eye - paper, stamps and various other little doodads.  Well, it sat and sat neglected.  In Online Card Classes Stretch Your Stamps there was a lesson using label stamps... which in a roundabout (YES!) way lead to finding this stash and making a card for a dear friend. (She's already received it, so I can share!)   A little bit of inspiration from class, a little bit from the free summer camp over on May Flaum's blog  and some classic rock went into the making of this card.

Click on the YES link above and enjoy!  This is the kind of stuff that is playing while I create!  I have lots of favorites - but music does help me keep moving and get inspired!

Do you have a special routine or favorite music that helps you create?


Comments

Jen said…
Oh, gosh, i love this card. Those shapes are on my mind all the time now. So cool. And the stamping. The fiber. I love it all.
Farley said…
Nancy, those goodies were just waiting for you to make this awesome card! LOVE it. Great hexagon action:)
Maria Ontiveros said…
That hexagon punch is very cool for this. Not sure a circle or square would look as interesting.
Rinda
Jen said…
Is that a punch or die or did you cut them by hand? Love those shapes.
Connie Lutz said…
I'm coveting hexagon dies - love this card!
Chrissie said…
I was/am the lucky recipient of this beautiful card and it's even better in person (of possible)!. So...is it a die, or did you hand cut? Thanks for sharing Nancy!
Rachelle said…
Beautiful card, Nancy. Love the hint of color on the kraft bg. Really works!