Uncle Sam - and a Happy 4th of July!

 Happy Independance Day!

This little Uncle Sam owl sends wishes for a safe and sane 4th of July celebration!  I will be watching lots of fireworks over a lake this year - hoping for clear skies and lots of sparklers! Sparklers are my favorite thing on the 4th, they just don't make them as good as when I was a kid though!

This owl is made with patriotic cardstock, ofcourse!  He is punched from the Stampin' Up owl punch and his wings are punched from the wing on the Stampin' Up bird punch.  I punched it once in blue then just the tip in white.  I stamped a star background in red and blue and punched the vest and heart twice to make his bow tie.  I used background stamps again and then cut pieces to make the hat.  He's holding a sparkler - or my variation of one, made from some wire I scrounged up from my Dad's workbench last summer.  I looked through his coffee cans of nuts, bolts and assorted items and brought home a bag full of goodies to use in altered art and cards.  This one is red. white and blue so I thought it was fun.

The pinwheel is cut on the Cricut using the "A Child's Year" cartridge.  I wouldn't have thought to buy this if my friend Tracy hadn't suggested it - lots of great items for events throughout the year! The shapes behind the owl are from Spellbinders Nestablities and the background is a Tim Holtz Sizzix embossing folder that I borrowed from my friend Jen.

supplies: 
cardstock - Club Scrap, Stampin' Up, stash
embossing folder - Sizzix/Tim Holtz  4th of July
Cricut - A Child's Year cartridge
other - Stampin' Up Punches, Nestabilites dies, stash items

Comments

Jen said…
Mr. Roy says this is your very best owl card to date. He loves it. Quite proud of it!
Connie Lutz said…
Very cute!
Nancy, that owl is adorable, and I love the entire card!
Chrissie said…
i'm pinning this one. I even have a board just for this little stampin up owl guy. he's too darn cute for words.