Online Card Class - Day 5


Day 5 involves stamps and dies.  One of the cards presented was a similar to this, I don't have stamps and dies of a tree but I do have my trusty Cricut machine.  So I got busy cutting out some little trees from the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge.  The snowy background is from a Christmas stack of papers from Michael's that I picked up last year on sale and the snowy hills I hand cut out of white cardstock.  The sample card had a sentiment which I found didn't really work on the first card where I embossed the white with an embossing folder and the Cuttlebug.  On the second one I added the sentiment and then some Liquid Applique for a snowy look across the top of the hills.  I can't tell you how long that stuff has been in my stash!  then the little hearts are cut out using a hole punch.

There are a few more techniques from Day 5 I want to try out, and class is already on Day 9!  I better start hitting warp speed soon.

Comments

Jennifer said…
These little scenes are adorable. Love that little tree shape and your snowflake background is frosty.
Farley said…
Your trees turned out so cute! And snowy hills are brilliant.