Art Journal

 Here's a bit of a step-by-step showing the progress of my first art journal page of the year...
"live a good life, seek it out, create it" are the words on the page and ones I'd like to live up to this year!

this is the start, some Dylusions spray which I then put a stencil over and spritzed with water to remove color. Another stencil with a contrasting spray was done, then some white gesso with punchinella to create some texture and contrast.


Black gesso through stencil (Dylusions) added.  Flowers (Hero Arts) stamped with Archival ink and colored with Inktense pencils.



some flowers made with stickers and cardstock stems and some sayings stamped with Archival ink.

close-up: note stamped saying, flower made with stickers and the texture of the gesso

Here you can see where trying to watercolor the glowers and leaves didn't work so well on the Dylusions spray.



I wanted to get back into some art journalling this year, and this is my first attempt.  Mainly trying out my new Dylusions Sprays and stencils.

Thanks for looking!

Comments

Jennifer said…
Ooooooh, someone has been very busy. This is fabulous. I love the colors and the various stencils and techniques used. Great job. You have inspired me. I really think this looks GREAT!
Farley said…
Oh my oh my! I really like this burst of color and all the fun things going on with the different flowers and designs peeking out in the corners. Excellent Nancy!
Maria Ontiveros said…
Great use of stickers on that flower! This really makes me want to get my spray inks out.
Rinda
Maryjo McGraw said…
Brilliant and Happy! Love it!